Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 800D

Hi all,

I have a Corsair 800D for many years, always used with an i7 system first generation and with a Corsair H100 hydro cooler and 140mm Corsair case fans.
I noticed hard tubing water cooled systems which are beautiful to display. And the Corsair kits looks amazing, just want your opinion, to go to another computer case than the 800D, which is real big and has a small window on the side, or a newer case where we can have tempered glass doors, but then the 800D will be obsolete of course. Money isn't the issue, I just want to do the right thing. This build will be massive, also filled with newer parts than the i7 950, which is totally up, already 2 years ago 🙂 thanks for the  feedback in advance.

7.jpg

I used to have an Obsidian 800D ... Nowadays it would be nice to with one of those 360 AIO's 

But If you want to go with Liquid cooling,tempered glass, your build is going to be massive and Money is not an issue
There is only one case from Corsair that I can think off ...
The Obsidian 1000D

depends what you put inside..

for a CPU only loop, you'll be fine keeping the 800D.

with a GPU added, you will most likely need more radiators than it can support. for a big build you could look at the 7000D airflow for example

the 1000D is huge, really huge. a full sized ATX build looks minuscule in that thing so it's not for everyone 😛

5 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

depends what you put inside..

for a CPU only loop, you'll be fine keeping the 800D.

with a GPU added, you will most likely need more radiators than it can support. for a big build you could look at the 7000D airflow for example

the 1000D is huge, really huge. a full sized ATX build looks minuscule in that thing so it's not for everyone 😛

I have to agree on that ... I Personally would not go for the 1000D Because of the 4 tempered glass sides and the Price
The Reason I did not Suggest the 7000D/X is that I am also Looking into getting a New Case
The 7000D/X Ticks all the boxes but seeing builds done with it there are a lot of things that bother me 
My Current hardware setup will simply not fit into it this case 
and the reason for that is that you have to make choices like for example having a Big PSU would require you to remove one of the HDD Cages and having A 480 Radiator in the front or side would require you to remove one of the HDD Cages 
Since I have a AX1200i and a XSPC RX480 and 5x 3.5" HDD you might see my Problem with that case

But than again if you are not bothered by the Limitations of the 7000D/X it would also be a suitable case for a big build

Yep, HDDs are the biggest (sic) problem 🙂

The best way to go forward is to list the components you wnat to fit in the new case, and then look at what cases can fit all of them.

If it's too restrictive, then look at what components you can live without. External storage in that case can be a great solution

On 4/14/2022 at 6:39 PM, LeDoyen said:

Yep, HDDs are the biggest (sic) problem 🙂

The best way to go forward is to list the components you wnat to fit in the new case, and then look at what cases can fit all of them.

If it's too restrictive, then look at what components you can live without. External storage in that case can be a great solution

I Have to agree however I Would already lose my Optical Drive whatever case I would take 
Reducing the number of HDD's would be fine but completely moving away from it ...

Just look at the price difference between a 8 or 16 TB HDD and a similar Capacity SSD and moving to all external drives While having a full tower is in my opinion also a bit weird to do ... 

I Probably just going to wait until Corsair Makes A New case that fits in between the The Obsidian 1000D and the 7000D/X
or look at what other manufactures have that would fit my needs 

yep, feels silly to have so much real estate used up without storage inside, but, cooling has more and more need for space 😛

unfortunately, often it's storage or radiators. there's some NZXT cases with tons of storage space but they take like one or two rads tops. Double chamber cases like the O11 XL or 680x can take 4 drives, still one out.

compromises, compromises 😛

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 2:07 AM, Patagonia said:

Is it still possible to purchase parts for my Corsair Obsidian 800D?

As far as I can tell they should have since they still have the case (and some parts) listed on there website

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/search?q=obsidian+800d%3Arelevance&page=0&pageSize=0&rawFilterQuery#rotatingText

I would recommend Contacting Corsair there support team if there are parts you are looking for that are listed
Also for the USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit I would recommend getting A 20 pin to 2 x USB-A adapter to have them connected internal
(In case your might still have the Original usb 2.0 version)

Edited by DjRavix
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 7:22 PM, Technobeard said:

The 800D was the first case we made and was discontinued many years ago. We no longer have the case or any spare parts for it.

It's A bit of a Shame since it is a case that was ahead of it's time 
I still consider it one of The best Cases ever made 

They just don't make them like they used to 

Since I am looking for a Replacement case myself I also compared them to the 800D that I used to have
The funny thing I noticed when I was looking into the 7000D is that it's smaller than the 800D is
And than A lot of people Say that the 7000D is A massive case ... and wondering why i Dissagree