JTS Wise purchase or Not ?

I'm about ready to "pull the trigger" on a new rifle and would love some input from the fine members here. I have never owned a PCP before, so I'm pretty clueless on what to expect.
I'm looking at:

JTS Airacuda Max in .22 & JTS COMP1 Portable PCP Compressor​

I have watched several YT vids, and all seem pretty positive. As this is my first outing with PCP, I can't blow huge money just yet.

Advice on what gr. pellet would perform best in this rifle would be of great help as well. I tend to stick with H&N and JSB in my other rifles...
I will use the gun for backyard plinking mainly, but with a rodent/bird kill occasionally.....75yrd

I was delighted to find out JTS (America) is located just 30 min from my house, so if any issues arise, then pounding on a door shouldn't take that long.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.

I'm about ready to "pull the trigger" on a new rifle and would love some input from the fine members here. I have never owned a PCP before, so I'm pretty clueless on what to expect.
I'm looking at:

I have watched several YT vids, and all seem pretty positive. As this is my first outing with PCP, I can't blow huge money just yet.

Advice on what gr. pellet would perform best in this rifle would be of great help as well. I tend to stick with H&N and JSB in my other rifles...
I will use the gun for backyard plinking mainly, but with a rodent/bird kill occasionally.....75yrd

I was delighted to find out JTS (America) is located just 30 min from my house, so if any issues arise, then pounding on a door shouldn't take that long.

If you're like most airgunners I know, your first PCP won't be your last. Looking back at all the guns I've purchased, I can't say I wish i only would have bought one if I had to choose which one I like the most. I like all of my guns, some shoot better than others, but I still use them all. I am planning on adding a JTS Airacuda Max as well to my collection. Many good reviews out there, but also some not so good ones, which I'm sure is true for any gun, including FX. And yes I agree JSB 18's or 15's I'd try. Ultimately, you gotta live with your decision, but the good thing is, if you don't like it, you can sell it on here and recoup most of your money back. I've been looking for a used JTS Airacuda for a while, always get bought up before I can get it. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

I'm looking at:

When considering an airgun, always ask yourself this. What is your intended use and need?

Then once you have determined that, find airguns that fit that.

The compressor doesnt state that it can fill scba bottles. Unless getting a package deal, at that pricepoint you can get a GX CS4 that has water cooling and can fill scba tanks down the road should you want to do that.

I own 2 Airacuda Standards, one in .22 and one in .25, also have the JTS compressor.
I am well satisfied with both guns and the compressor.
My .22 did have accuracy problems and JTS sent me another barrel at no charge.
Neither of my guns is very pellet picky, but seem to shoot the JTS pellets best, I suggest you give them a try, very good looking pellets.
These guns do have a problem clipping moderators if you plan to install one.

Reactions: KRich
What's your budget?

What Cal would you like.

What use will you give to the rifle?
Budget is $1000, .22 Cal
I own 2 Airacuda Standards, one in .22 and one in .25, also have the JTS compressor.
I am well satisfied with both guns and the compressor.
My .22 did have accuracy problems and JTS sent me another barrel at no charge.
Neither of my guns is very pellet picky, but seem to shoot the JTS pellets best, I suggest you give them a try, very good looking pellets.
These guns do have a problem clipping moderators if you plan to install one.
Thank you sir !

Reactions: oledawg
Reactions: Ezana4CE
Budget is $1000, .22 Cal

Thank you sir !

Airacuda, a good scope and a compressor could be had for about 1k$ if that is or TOTAL budget opposed to RIFLE BUDGET.

Airacuda gets a lot of praise don't see them much on classifieds. I'd recommend it for sure.

Don't forget to google PyramidAir's 10% coupon code if you purchase from that retailer.

Plus PA has a 60 day money back guarantee if you don't like it.

1698241292498.png

-Matt

When considering an airgun, always ask yourself this. What is your intended use and need?

Then once you have determined that, find airguns that fit that.

The compressor doesnt state that it can fill scba bottles. Unless getting a package deal, at that pricepoint you can get a GX CS4 that has water cooling and can fill scba tanks down the road should you want to do that.
@MysticalDragon Did you read the initial post?

I'm looking at:

…As this is my first outing with PCP, I can't blow huge money just yet

@KRich was very detailed in his post and questions. A compressor doesn’t have to fill a SCBA bottle. He didn’t mention a SCBA bottle. He can fill his gun’s reservoir directly from the compresor. Many compressors are built this way.

@KRich $1000 is a nice budget to start with. The linked thread below was composed for people new to PCPs like yourself. Take a look. The gun @Emu suggested is listed there along with user experiences of other AGN members.

Last edited:
I just realized the JTS Airacuda MAX doesn't qualify for the common 10% coupon code for Pyramid air...

But here is one discounted heavily at about 20% from PA if you're not worried about a 60 day return. The seller here is very trusted.

-Matt

nothing to do with me just seen it pop up for sale.

I just realized the JTS Airacuda MAX doesn't qualify for the common 10% coupon code for Pyramid air...

But here is one discounted heavily at about 20% from PA if you're not worried about a 60 day return. The seller here is very trusted.

-Matt
I have bought MANY times from Pyramydair. They are super reliable. AoA is also super reliable.

KRich,
Even though I fell victim to poor Chinese quality control, I'd still recommend the Airacuda Max platform. Design features and fit/finish, at that price point, are hard to beat. Biggest gripe is a pre-production known flaw that with went unaddressed, leaving consumer and warranty department to handle. Stock lacks support at stock bolt so tightening can lead to warping of action enough to pinch magazine. Warranty Dept. provided plastic spacer might need trimming to prevent rocking. Photo is of plastic ring I use to address this. BuckRail Company has designed a synthetic stock for Airacuda Standard and promises one for MAX, keeping fingers crossed. Also, warped shrouds can lead to clipping, some, when switched end-to-end, are OK, others have purchased newly offered $50 DonnyFL adapter which aligns barrel to shroud. WM
IMG_20230310_103500.jpg

I have an fx Maverick and an fx impact that I shoot much more than my Airacuda max .22 cal. They are just a more refined pleasant experience to shoot. However, with that said, even owning rifles 5x the cost I can say the Airacuda max (at least mine) is a flat out winner. It is incredibly accurate, even with crosman 14 gr pellets. The reg stays put doesn’t creep at all and I can take the gun out of the safe after sitting weeks and the velocity on the first shot is right on. My impact can’t even do that. They have a three year warranty on a 400 dollar gun (wow). The only complaint with mine out of the box was the barrel / breech/ scope rail alignment was funky. A 1” tube scope didn’t even have enough adjustment. I was told to loosen the barrel band in case it had been bumped in transit and shifted the shroud. I took it off completely. That did make it better however I never retested the 1” scope to see if it would work. I had the same issue with both avengers I owned. I think it is just the nature of the beast with the more cheaply manufactured China guns. Other than that the gun is great and worth every penny. The warranty center is within a drive for you. I don’t think you can go wrong.

KRich,
Even though I fell victim to poor Chinese quality control, I'd still recommend the Airacuda Max platform. Design features and fit/finish, at that price point, are hard to beat. Biggest gripe is a pre-production known flaw that with went unaddressed, leaving consumer and warranty department to handle. Stock lacks support at stock bolt so tightening can lead to warping of action enough to pinch magazine. Warranty Dept. provided plastic spacer might need trimming to prevent rocking. Photo is of plastic ring I use to address this. BuckRail Company has designed a synthetic stock for Airacuda Standard and promises one for MAX, keeping fingers crossed. Also, warped shrouds can lead to clipping, some, when switched end-to-end, are OK, others have purchased newly offered $50 DonnyFL adapter which aligns barrel to shroud. WMView attachment 399825
Thank you kind sir