Forums

How many people in the world are 2000 elo?

Sort:
Sudhanshu0720

Just out of curiosity i wanted to know how many people are above or 2000 elo rated on chess.com 

little_guinea_pig
MyRatingIs1523IsBack wrote:
Steven-ODonoghue wrote:
MyRatingIs1523IsBack wrote:

i would bet at least half of the real players here are at least 2000

How much would you like to bet?

Less than 2% of the active players here are over 2000. If you count all accounts it is probably less than 1%, even less when you consider some of those are cheaters, rating manipulators and multiple accounts owned by the same person.

Most of the players here are just bad bots making people feel good about themselves.

No way 2000s here hang their pieces so often in blitz lol

no we 100% do

We're rather unlikely to hang pieces when playing low rated players because their threats are simple and easy to parry, but when playing with someone else who tests you to the limit, it's not that hard to overlook something obvious because you were too busy worrying about other threats/moves/positional ideas.

And time scrambles? Oof.

GM_Jms654

A 2000 rated player is just a dumber version of a master. We barely have a grasp of all the concepts in chess, we tend to forget about threats and blunder at least once every few games, we usually make a few mistakes and a couple of inaccuracies trying to negate a potential threat while overlooking a completely different threat. It's rough

postifized

e

novanorda

Correct.

DEVlN_WYATT

“How many people in the world are 2000 elo?“

🤔Hmmm. About a hundred

TheAnimeGuy69

challenge me if you can

yaswanth911
DEVlN_WYATT wrote:

🤔Hmmm. About a hundred

you can check for yourself by going under play, leaderboard, and then rapid. You can see the graph with the distribution of players at different Elo. 2000 Elo is an excellent rating for someone who plays chess just for fun but it's definitely not as complicated as you think. I am 18 years old and I started playing chess when I started this account which was more than 2 years ago. I hope I inspired someone to reach 2000 Elo one day. happy.png

PromisingPawns

2000 and even I am trash. The minimum for being a decent player according to Hikaru is 2300🔥🔥

BigFoxy90
yaswanth911 wrote:
DEVlN_WYATT wrote:

🤔Hmmm. About a hundred

you can check for yourself by going under play, leaderboard, and then rapid. You can see the graph with the distribution of players at different Elo. 2000 Elo is an excellent rating for someone who plays chess just for fun but it's definitely not as complicated as you think. I am 18 years old and I started playing chess when I started this account which was more than 2 years ago. I hope I inspired someone to reach 2000 Elo one day.

@yaswamth911

It's a double edge sword. L o l For someone like me who's 33 years old and started playing a year and a half ago, guys like you make guys like me feel like a troglodyte. Lmaooo

I hope to be where you're at someday but recently I have my doubts. Won't stop me from trying though.

yaswanth911
BigFoxy90 wrote:
yaswanth911 wrote:
DEVlN_WYATT wrote:

🤔Hmmm. About a hundred

you can check for yourself by going under play, leaderboard, and then rapid. You can see the graph with the distribution of players at different Elo. 2000 Elo is an excellent rating for someone who plays chess just for fun but it's definitely not as complicated as you think. I am 18 years old and I started playing chess when I started this account which was more than 2 years ago. I hope I inspired someone to reach 2000 Elo one day.

@yaswamth911

It's a double edge sword. L o l For someone like me who's 33 years old and started playing a year and a half ago, guys like you make guys like me feel like a troglodyte. Lmaooo

I hope to be where you're at someday but recently I have my doubts. Won't stop me from trying though.

always keep trying, if you need any help then feel free to challenge me, we can play some training games and i will talk about every move i will play