General New Stilo UpRoad

Currently reading:
General New Stilo UpRoad

Hodson03

Has any body seen the new fiat stilo uproad, it comes out in 2006, it looks really good, i'm getting one. Also is it true that they are bringing out a 2.4 JTD engine, i hope so... i have atached a picture

Attachments

• fiat-stilo-uproad.jpg
    fiat-stilo-uproad.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 971
Looks excellent - and looking at the general styling, in particular the front and bonnet styling, it would seem that they are sticking with the current design right into 2006...

Spy Shot: Fiat 'New Large'

IN THIS FEATURE
Big hope for Fiat

The Fiat model known as 'New Large' was originally intended for launch this year, but the need to refresh the company's higher-volume smaller ranges and the well-documented financial difficulties have pushed it into the back burner. Now scheduled for late 2005/early 2006, New Large will mark Fiat's return to the upper-medium sector it last contended with the Croma saloon, but this time around, it will come in upmarket estate/station wagon form as well (pictured).

New Large is built on the General Motors 'Epsilon' platform, shared with the Opel/Vauxhall Vectra, not the Saab-developed 'Premium' architecture to be used for the Alfa 157/158 (see separate story). There will, however, be a Lancia version of this model as well. Expect a comprehensive line-up of petrol and Multijet diesel engines, as well as an interior of much higher quality than that of Fiat's last family saloon/estate range, the smaller Marea/Marea Weekend.

Channel4car.com

There are some photos of the prototype on the web page.

Is it even being released in the UK, I seem to remember the last thread about this car was there being no announcement of uk release, but there was for main land europe.

With regard to the design comment. what may well happen is the uproad may be left with the current styling while the main range gets the face lift.
Rover done that with the 25 and streetwise where the streetwise kept the old lights and grill design to diferentiate it from the 25 even more.

Back