The mkiv Supra Owners Club

coolant swirl pot ideas on 2jz?

jonny mac

has anyone got an aftermarket coolant swirl pot on their supra?

I'm considering adding one onto my build (2jz s14) because I've had trouble bleeding the previous engine before, I think a rad cap located at the highest point in the engine bay would be great, it would also allow for no more air to be trapped, deaerated

I can't find any install documents 2jz specific online as they all seem to be for sr20's and so on

the engine sits so far back in my car that there isn't any room for heater matrix pipework to go by, this means it has to go over the rocker covers and resulting in a higher point in the system than the rad cap, makes bleeding it fun...

ideally I'd like to know where people take the 'from engine' feed from? is ok to use the pipework that comes from head for the idle control valve and throttle body

the only downside is a small amount of coolant won't be going through the rad if it falls back into the lower hose?