been buzy

G

Unregistered
thanx for the comments guys,yes there is silicone joiners jut behind the right headlight and there is a silicon joiner on each inlet and then 1 in the pipelength so im sure this is enugh,otherwise itll break as you say Jon but heres to hoping my welds hold lol

G

Unregistered
ok so over the past few weeks iv been somewhat buzy with something i am going to now show you..

im making CIBIE style Headlights and am just waiting for the lights to arrive.
secondly im making CIBIE Inserts for the JDM Spec Headlight.
thirdly im making CIBIE Inserts for the JDM Spec Headlight but fitting Projectors to the Low beam.
below are a few pics of the progress so far..
ill use my blue wagon for sample images in the future.

also iv made new kick panels wich ill be laying in Carbon Fibre soon aswell,as you can see that laying them up the cheap way does not work so now ill try vacuum infusion this time.
and the a pillar wrapping looks pretty good

il have al the prts available in normal CF or Carbon Kevlar,Red Carbon Fibre and Blue Carbon Fibre

016.jpg

017.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

012.jpg

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
G

Unregistered
anyhow today i went on a feild trip and did some retail therapy..
heres what i got....
now i can start my headligth designing etc...
DSCF5115.jpg

DSCF5116.jpg

DSCF5117.jpg

this is my new dash surround to suit my custom setup...,just gotta sand it now and mold it
DSCF5118.jpg

G

Unregistered
and HERROW Peeps.... guess what???
DSCF5122.jpg

But WAIT it gets even bettera
DSCF5123.jpg

yes now the CIBIE REPLICA journey begins...and i got all 4 of these delivered for total cost of US$350
i olny need to purchase the indicators at NZ$56 each
2BA-009-001-001-071_Large-300.jpg

now to setup a nosecut bout 1 mtr high and fit a bonnet and guard fronts and bumper and grille and then lets start fabbing up the steel frame to house everything together(gonna get messy)
hope you guys anjoy the thread in the weeks to come...
ill fit the blue lights up tomorrow and take a pic to show.
then il make another set with proji's in them ok

G

Unregistered
and here we are.....
DSCF5127.jpg

DSCF5129.jpg

DSCF5128.jpg

and the cibie saga...
DSCF5132.jpg

DSCF5138.jpg

DSCF5137.jpg

DSCF5135.jpg

as you can see iv hard mounted the covers now and iv also made up a baseplate so i have a datem to weld form when fabbing up the frame holders.
tomorrow laser cut the new baseplates and then i can start hard mounting the baseplate and replace all the temp hard mounts and once i acheive this then i will begin mounting the lights,but it doesnt look like its too dificult TBH,just time consuming as im jmping between laying up a new set of cibbie inner covers and kick panels,the carbon fibre,my new centre console,the paint shop,blah blah,so i dont get much consistancy on it at any 1 time,wich is a good thing aswell

G

Unregistered
and my custom Dash surround plug wich is now buried under glass and curing overnight and will be ready to produce from in the morning,thatll give me a good neuteral face to work form in deciding what goes where etc,i also flanged the mold so in future i can vac bag with CF in it too

and no this does not fould the gearlever or the handbrake

Attachments

• DSCF5131.jpg
    DSCF5131.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCF5130.jpg
    DSCF5130.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 152

markasia

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark Ly
Drive
1999 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Loving it!! especially the idea you came up with the intercooler and the colour coding engine bay pipes looks awesome =D

G

Unregistered
thank you guys for the comments means alot.. ill load pics of the new cibie style lights soon,just waiting for the mounting plates to arrive

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
liking the headlights and dash q/ you should sell blanks for people to mod themselves

G

Unregistered
i may do so paul im pulling the first 1 form the mold tonight,i had to break the plug to get it out so i think i may have a few negatives in the mold but i buffed it extra so it glides but we will see tonight.. if anyone wants i have got molds and 1 or two fibreglass replicas of the factory style but theyr nerly blanks so itll b upto you to complete it,but is near straight replacememnt anyhow,i may load sum pics up

G

Unregistered
and here we are.....
DSCF5127.jpg

DSCF5129.jpg

DSCF5128.jpg

and the cibie saga...
DSCF5132.jpg

DSCF5138.jpg

DSCF5137.jpg

DSCF5135.jpg

as you can see iv hard mounted the covers now and iv also made up a baseplate so i have a datem to weld form when fabbing up the frame holders.
tomorrow laser cut the new baseplates and then i can start hard mounting the baseplate and replace all the temp hard mounts and once i acheive this then i will begin mounting the lights,but it doesnt look like its too dificult TBH,just time consuming as im jmping between laying up a new set of cibbie inner covers and kick panels,the carbon fibre,my new centre console,the paint shop,blah blah,so i dont get much consistancy on it at any 1 time,wich is a good thing aswell

G

Unregistered
and so ipulled the new items form their molds...
i haveto say the Cibie Molds are Farking hard and annoying to lay up,i hate,i hate i hate them i dont even want to make them for sale thats how much i hate making them,very tight gulley on the top ridge..
but the stereo surround came out awsum and the door sill cover plates
DSCF5149.jpg

DSCF5148.jpg

Old Podfilter Mesh and New Podfilter Mesh
DSCF5143.jpg

DSCF5144.jpg

and ihad some vsitors today...
i think they were looking for Noah's arc,its not me tho i swear
DSCF5145.jpg

DSCF5147.jpg

G

Unregistered
and the cibbies mounted.. although just waiting for the rings before i final mount the units so monday night should see them fitted and ready to go
DSCF5142.jpg

DSCF5139.jpg

DSCF5140.jpg

DSCF5141.jpg

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Congrats on making the only good looking Cibie headlights ever. Using the glass covers makes all the difference.

G

Unregistered
cheers matey i do like them aswell ey..
btw anyone wanting dash surround or anyhting flick me a mail

Oggie

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
terry
Drive
1999 Vr4 Legnum
Q whats the difference between the replica cibbies and the the "custom" headlights? I am gathering one has a "protective" surrounding ..

if this is right would there be much of a price difference between the "cibies" and the custome headlights?

G

Unregistered
Yea T theres a BIG difference in them man
firstly the Cibie Replica is the most expensive and looking round the $1k mark,this is only Due to the fact the Lights themselves are a sealed unit on their own wich means theyr weatherproof. and replicate the original cibbie. i can supply them in HId or plain..

the Cibie headlight inserts are a Extensivly Shaven and shortend version of the Original Cibie,it does not need to be fixed as the light and casing hold it tightly in place.these im selling for round $300 iirc..
the projector ones add an extra $100 to the overall f\price,but i will do exchanges for your factory lights too at a minimum of $80 for the set
tanx

then i also supply the same verion of the cibie insert lights but with projector's wich im making as we speak.

Oggie

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
terry
Drive
1999 Vr4 Legnum
Ok someone else MAY have thought of it i am HOPING i am the 1st to say it..

Have you thought about combining cibies with a grill to become a one peice item?

Top Bottom