Sealed Sonotube Subwoofer

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Attached are pics of the construction process for my two 20" diameter by 4' high sealed sonotube subwoofers. Each sonotube is capped with a 15" TC-2000 driver and will be powered by a Behringer EP2500 and DCX2496. More photos and some details are available in my photo gallery: Sealed Sonotube Subwoofer.

Attachments

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Josuah,
What are you laminating the exterior of the Sono Tube with?

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I'm still in the process of equalizing everything. But so far I can guarantee I have no issues with output. I turned on the LP shelf filters on the DCX2496 and got usable bass at 7Hz from Black Hawk Down's Irene scene. There was nothing here before with the SVS subwoofers.

The veneer is cherry vinyl veneer from Parts Express. You might be able to find it other places too.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Josuah said:
I'm still in the process of equalizing everything. But so far I can guarantee I have no issues with output. I turned on the LP shelf filters on the DCX2496 and got usable bass at 7Hz from Black Hawk Down's Irene scene. There was nothing here before with the SVS subwoofers.

The veneer is cherry vinyl veneer from Parts Express. You might be able to find it other places too.

Great job. Do I see two drivers in each sonotube at either end?

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Yes, each sonotube has one driver on each endcap.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis