Dornier 17

Head3masher

Will it not be like a worse JU-88?

Sure it will only have a bombload of 1000kg which is quite low, but remember that it's coming with a complete line, including night fighter variants and the Do217 series with 3000kg bombload ;)wt.

medal medal

Guest RoflTankFTW

There is an option for a relatively fast heavy bomber for Germany... the He-177.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Heinkel_He177.jpg

Yet another Flying Pencil, it had a 6000kg internal bomb capacity, or 7,200kg external capacity. Capable of using 3x 1,362kg Fritz X guided bomb, or 3x 1,045kg Hs 193 guided bomb.

Or ya know... 6,000kg/7,200kg of varied normal bombs.

If they got rid of the first He111 and put the Dorniers in around there, that might work...

And yeah, really looking forward to some night fighters. Ju 88 with Schrage Musik please :)

Yeah, I agree, the starter German bombers arent that great, do17 would better fit the bill.

I read somewhere that the crew location idea with this and ju88 was to keep crewmen close together so they were braver, could rely on each other and higher morale.

medal medal

Yeah, I agree, the starter German bombers arent that great, do17 would better fit the bill.

I read somewhere that the crew location idea with this and ju88 was to keep crewmen close together so they were braver, could rely on each other and higher morale.

And get killed with one single shot...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The JU88 is ok thx to good speed and good starting bomb load, the He111 got many more gunners but is so slow and fragile that its not worth the pain ti grind to get 250kg bombs

Guest RoflTankFTW

The JU88 is ok thx to good speed and good starting bomb load, the He111 got many more gunners but is so slow and fragile that its not worth the pain ti grind to get 250kg bombs

Fragile? I sprayed an He-111 with at least 5 seconds of sustained and 100% accurate fire from my Fw190 D-13, and it was still in the air. Most other bombers cant even handle 2-3 seconds of that punishment before they explode. 3x 20mm cannons on the D-13, and that He-111 was like "lol, keep trying"

Fragile? I sprayed an He-111 with at least 5 seconds of sustained and 100% accurate fire from my Fw190 D-13, and it was still in the air. Most other bombers cant even handle 2-3 seconds of that punishment before they explode. 3x 20mm cannons on the D-13, and that He-111 was like "lol, keep trying"

I think that might have to do with randomness.

I've flown the He-111 and withstood several shots.

Then again, I've flown the He-111 and literally got oneshotted by a Yak. He sprayed me for not more than 2 seconds of sustained fire and my He-111 exploded mid-air.

Sometimes they do feel like they can take alot of hits (which bombers should given the slow speed, large "hitbox" and expensive gunner training). Other times it feels like they are a flying balloon filled with hydrogen and just go instant-boom if someone throws a lit match at them.

Both the 17 and 217 should be in WT but the issue i have with German bombers is that those damn floatplanes are better than a JU88 (a paper kite atm :facepalm: ), especially in the amount of punishment they can take, which is bo!!ocks.

Only possible with German cannons in this game, they are that bad, I have no problem killing a HE111 with my Japanese  KI43 a lvl 2 fighter with 2 12.7 mgs